Monday, 28 September 2015

Mid autumn festival v Bon Jovi

This weekend is the Chinese celebration of Mid Autumn Festival where people come together to celebrate the end of the harvest. The holiday is linked to the moons - therefore celebrated at a different point each year when the moon is full.

The recent traditions are to light lanterns and get together to look at the large moon with family and friends.  The gift of choice is mooncakes - which are traditional made from lotus paste.  I have to say, they are not my idea of a treat, but the boys don't mind them.

Unfortunately the school celebrations for Mid Autumn festival clashed with a previously booked engagement - Bon Jovi Live in Macau!!!!  Yep, I bought two tickets in April with the understanding that if Jack's behaviour was acceptable in the lead up to the concert, then he would go and not Mike.

Luckily for Jack we felt he was worthy and he and I tripped off to Macau for the night. The ferry trip over to Macau (including immigration and passport control) was real very painless and we were in Macau in under an hour and half.

The concert was at the Cotai arena at the Venetian Hotel, so we booked a room there to make things easier.  What a fabulous hotel ! I know that Macau is considered Las Vegas' poor cousin but I really liked it - call me tacky.......  I love the whole bright lights and all day fun.

This was Jack's first experience of a casino hotel and his first concert and he absolutely LOVED it.  We had a such a great time and a crowd of expats came and high five him at the end saying how fabulous and cool he was.  We sang, danced and laughed for 2 hours !! then grabbed some ice cream and headed to our king size bed before we collapsed.


Unfortunately, we need to take the first ferry home for Jack to play football.  Luckily he played brilliantly and won 5-0 !  What a fun weekend.

On the ferry - ready to ROCK !


at the Venetian Hotel

he is a STAR !



Having a blast 




starstruck


woohoo







No comments:

Post a Comment