Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Quarry Bay, Hong Kong

I had a couple of hours to kill in Quarry Bay on Saturday, waiting for a birthday party to end, so I grabbed my camera and went exploring.  I really do miss the opportunities to do this, as life in Hong Kong is just so much busier than when we lived in India.  The challenges of work, school and activities seem to take over the spare time.

So my first couple of hours were spent wandering around the Quarry Bay area.  Jack was with me initially and we came across this great office building called 'the Kerry Centre' that had some very cool art in the foyer.  The 'squashed statues' were really intriguing and you really made you think about the background of being weighed down in an office environment.

Then I moved on to the famous Montane Mansion which is a photographers dream.  Unfortunately I wasn't there in the evening, as this is when you can get some very cool shots.  The blend of old and new buildings in this area make it very eclectic.  I am always conscious that this is someones home, and to see some crazy lady taking photos must seem strange.

I am very much hoping that I can start taking more photos again, as I really miss it.  Hope you enjoy a few of these from Saturday.


Fabulous sculptures - they really played with your mind

Add caption

And this guy was SO talllllllll



Kings Road Quarry Bay



The trams are a great way to travel on the island.  

this is outside a funeral home - the floral arrangements were huge, and the planning seemed very complex

you don't see much graffiti around HK....


the famous Montane Mansions


it really is a cool place to visit.  A place to see how the locals live

the kids were happily playing badminton in the courtyard

the old and new


I do love that dogs are 'carried' more than 'walked'

No comments:

Post a Comment