After a bit of a mishap with our windscreen (not a popular topic of conversation at home....) I had to spend an afternoon waiting for a replacement windscreen being installed in To Kwa Wan, near Kowloon Bay.
What to do when it's pouring rain and there's not a Starbucks within a 5km radius? Wander around and check out an area that I know nothing about. I seriously wish I'd popped my camera in my bag and really must start doing that as I leave the house ..... Oh well, iphone photos will have to do.
This area is full of auto shops, motor bike repairs, spare parts and the like. So very industrial. So to my surprise I stumbled across a place called 'Cattle Depot Artist Village' in the middle of the industrial area and is overlooked by the massive China Gas Company. It is a fabulous little gallery area that houses about 20 non-profit organisations, a theatre and artist workshops. It used to be the area slaughterhouse up until 1999 when it was converted to an art space. The cattle troughs and ramps are all still part of the space making it a very interesting place to wander around.
I then spent there remainder of the time walking the streets and down along Kowloon Bay. The sheer volume of high rises in Hong Kong still amazes me.
This area is full of auto shops, motor bike repairs, spare parts and the like. So very industrial. So to my surprise I stumbled across a place called 'Cattle Depot Artist Village' in the middle of the industrial area and is overlooked by the massive China Gas Company. It is a fabulous little gallery area that houses about 20 non-profit organisations, a theatre and artist workshops. It used to be the area slaughterhouse up until 1999 when it was converted to an art space. The cattle troughs and ramps are all still part of the space making it a very interesting place to wander around.
I then spent there remainder of the time walking the streets and down along Kowloon Bay. The sheer volume of high rises in Hong Kong still amazes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment