Our staycation continued this week with a visit to Hong kong Disneyland. I have been to Disney in Florida many years ago but the boys have been begging to go to Disney ever since they first learned about it. Now that we have a Disney on our doorstep, we thought it best to try and go when the weather was a bit cooler over the winter months. Unfortunately, going at Christmas time was always going to mean the crowds were big, but I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That was until the mid afternoon !!
My tips if you're going to go to Disney here in Hong Kong, is to be there before opening. We arrived about 9.30 and were one of the first through the gates at 9.45am. The park opens at 10am and most of the Chinese visitors don't go until lunchtime or after. Therefore, the queues for rides up to about 1pm were reasonable and completely manageable with 2 kids in tow.
The resort is a good size and is definitely able to be done in a day - we did two days and stayed out in Discovery Bay in a hotel, and that allowed us to revisit our favourite rides a few more times the second day. The boys have not had a lot of 'theme park' experience, so I made the plan for the first day, and they were happy to stick to that, as they knew no better. We did all the 'younger' rides first and then moved our way to the more adventurous rides like Space Mountain. I don't think they boys would have gone on Dumbo the Elephant or the Carousel if we had gone to Space Mountain first !!
We now know that we have one child who is not very keen on fast, dark, scary rides, and one that is keen for the crazy !! I am sure you can work out which one is which !! This made for an interesting first day, when I was on my own with the boys and insisted we do ALL things together. However, the second day, when Mike joined us meant that we could 'divide and conquer' and meet both boys needs.
I would also recommend you take lots of snacks and water as I didn't rate the food options out there. I can only imagine what it would be like in summer in the heat and humidity (and don't plan to find out!!) but having water and snacks on hand was definitely needed when queuing with 2 kids.
OK, now to our favourites:
Rides - Grizzly Gulch (the mine car rollercoaster), Toy Story Parachutes, Space Mountain.
Shows - The Flights of Fantasy Parade, Lion King Show
Characters - Goofy and Mickey, and Max's girlfriend Snow White (She kept blowing kisses to Max, and only Max !!)
 |
| The entrance! |
 |
| Even the MTR is a disney train |
 |
| getting excited on the MTR |
 |
| I love this photo - if only we were this happy ALL day ! |
 |
| Love the Carousel |
 |
| Sleeping Beauty Castle |
 |
| Daisy found a new love...... |
 |
| Dumbo the elephant ride - so much fun ! |
 |
| The Christmas decorations were beautiful |
 |
| Solo ride for the boys on the toy Story Parachute ride |
 |
| Woody !! |
 |
| RC Racer ride - I LOVED this ...... the boys not so much! |
 |
| More Toy Story fun |
 |
| Waiting for the Flights of Fantasy Parade |
 |
| There were times in the day when a prison could have helped me out |
 |
| The Tarzan display |
 |
| The Lion King Show |
 |
| Flights of Fantasy Parade |
 |
| Max met up with a school friend and got to dance in the parade |
 |
| Tigger !! |
 |
| Tarzan... |
 |
| Love !! |
 |
| The attention to detail was great |
 |
| Jack loves Goofy and I love this photo |
 |
| Cute ! |
 |
| The UFO ride ! |
 |
| It's a Small World ride - made us reminisce about India |
 |
| The Tea Cups were a favourite with the boys - I hate them because the boys spin them SO fast ! |
 |
| My boys |
No comments:
Post a Comment